Haven for Hope only serves residents of Bexar County who show at least 9 months proof of residency.
Where do I start?
Intake Building is located at 1 Haven for Hope Way
New Arrivals to Haven for Hope's Transformational Campus and the Courtyard Safe Sleeping Area are done on a walk-in basis.
To be eligible for our shelter and services you MUST:
- Be homeless (Lacking a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence) or be at immediate risk of homelessness
- Be a resident of Bexar County with proof of residency
- Proof of residency is a document that proves your status as a Bexar County resident; for example, tax documents, dated store receipts, library cards, etc.
- Have government issued photo ID (such as a driver’s license, passport, military ID, or any state or federally issued photo ID) or be willing to obtain government issued photo ID within 30 days
Please call 211 if you need alternative assistance.
Where do I go after hours?
If you are an adult with no minors, the Courtyard will provide a temporary safe sleeping arrangement at 1300 W Martin Street, between Comal and Medina St
If you are the guardian of a minor or minors in need of shelter, please go to Haven for Hope and speak to a Security Officer at the security building (1 Haven for Hope Way) for temporary emergency overflow placement.
Unfortunately, we cannot shelter unaccompanied minors. If you are an unaccompanied minor, please call "The Bridge" at Roy Mass' Youth Alternatives (210-340-8077).
The Transformational Campus requires proof of at least 9 months of Bexar County residency. Provides a variety of services including: job training and employment readiness, education, behavioral health, spiritual services, and others aimed at helping individuals experiencing homelessness gain stability. Engagement is case management is required.
Space on the Transformational Campus is limited and there is no guarantee we will have an immediately available bed. When the Transformational Campus is at capacity, we will offer the Courtyard.
The Courtyard also referred to as "CY" is a safe area with basic medical needs, communal showers, outdoor sleeping on mats, meals and other basic services. To retain services here, one must obtain a TX State ID within 30 days of entering.
Requirements for entering Transformational Campus Program
First, you must complete the intake process at the Intake Department. Intake is first come, first serve. Families and singles live separately; the family waiting room contains toys and play areas for children.
- Photo ID and Proof of Residency will be reviewed and you will be interviewed and given a drug and alcohol screening.
- If you are drug and alcohol free, your case will be reviewed. This process may take a few days, but you are welcome to stay in the Courtyard in the meantime.
- If you are eligible to enter the program, you will be admitted as soon as there is space for you.
- Must be a resident of Bexar County.
- Must have proof of residency of at least 9 months in Bexar County.
- Must be 18 years or older or accompanied by a legal guardian
- Must have valid government issued ID
- Must be drug and alcohol free
- Cannot be a registered sex offender
- Must be considered homeless by HUD definition (HUD Definition of homelessness: an individual who lacks a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence)
- Must be willing commit to working with a case manager toward a goal of sustained, self-sufficient life.
- Must participate in activities geared at achieving self-sufficiency (education, job training, etc.)
Haven for Hope Intake Location
Directions to 1 Haven for Hope Way, San Antonio
|Monday:||8 AM - 3 PM|
|Tuesday:||8 AM - 3 PM|
|Wednesday:||8 AM - 3 PM|
|Thursday:||8 AM - 3 PM|
|Friday:||8 AM - 3 PM|
Haven for Hope is committed to providing our services to all those in need, including people with disabilities. Haven for Hope is a handicap accessible, disability friendly campus. Our goal is to provide a welcoming environment where clients with disabilities can reasonably access all of the services provided on our Transformational Campus and the Courtyard, as well as use our website. If you have any questions about the accommodations provided please contact the Intake Department in person or by calling 210-220-2357.
Need more information? Visit our FAQ's
Haven for Hope of
Bexar County -
1 Haven for Hope Way, San Antonio, Texas 78207 - (210) 220-2100
Powered by Haven for Hope IT